Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 3 December 2020

Wet.

Heavy overnight rain eased off during the morning and then returned in the afternoon.
This morning we had a visit from a lady from a different windows company to talk about the porch. This company was recommended by our kitchen fitter and she seemed very competent though again she brought up the issue of the wall having to be a cavity wall. Her dad's the builder so she'll see what he thinks. Her suggestion was to have the whole thing glass to the ground but to me that feels too much like a glass box just stuck on the front of the house rather than being part of the house structure. We'll see.
Once she'd gone I headed off to the shop where hooray I found the only tub of candied peel and of course I went for a walk on the beach. The tide was in so it was a shorter walk than usual as I didn't fancy climbing up over the steep part of the stones. I did walk back along the top of the stones so that I could search the strand line for a piece of driftwood that I could use to make a key holder. Not an easy search as most of the driftwood is branches but I did find an old bit of timber that I'm drying out now.
This notice which went up after the weekend made me smile. I expect somebody changed out of their boots before getting in their car and drove off leaving them on the pavement.
Then it was time to get on with making my Christmas cakes. I was using a recipe from my folder and as I need two cakes plus a small one for us decided to double the amounts. 10 eggs, 500 gms of butter, sugar, flour and most of the other ingredients made for a vast amount of cake mixture. (I've written a note on the recipe to remind me that double is way too much.) I don't have any really large mixing bowls so getting all the ingredients mixed together was hard work. In the end I made 3 standard sized cakes and a little one. While the cakes were baking I got on with some felting projects.
It now looks as if vaccinations will be starting next week. This is the vaccine from Germany that needs to be kept at ultra low temperatures so will be dispensed from hospitals and special centres rather than surgeries. 
 

No comments: