Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 10 February 2023

A Town Day.

Damp and gloomy would be the best description of today's weather with the low cloud getting even lower as the day progressed.
Even though it's only a 20 minute drive to town I like to wait until I have have a whole list of places to visit before venturing out from our cliff top home. The first couple of stops today were the supermarkets, Lidl first and then Morrisons for things I couldn't find (or forgot) in Lidl. Then across to B&M where I bought some blue agapanthus to go with the white and white & blue agapanthus I already have in the back garden. Plus some more pink Nerine which will also go in the back garden. I called in at Curry's to see if I left the camera's USB cable behind when I collected the camera. The chap couldn't see it but gave me an spare black cable that was lurking in the drawer instead which was very kind of him. My final stop was back in the centre of town.
I'm slowly adding to my collection of knitting wools (well there is some acrylic in there too but I prefer wool) from which I will make a throw for Vytas and Sally. I much prefer the challenge of designing something using left-over wool from charity shops. Sally is fond of dark red so I'm thinking of a rich 'royal' colour scheme with sections of reds with a pop of yellows (gold?) and orange and then other sections of purples with some grey. I shall try to to create something beautiful.
In one of the charity shops I bought a new frame, for 50p for this aerial photo which was here when we moved in. The original frame and the mount were old and marked so I thought it desrved an upgrade. On the back of the frame was written "Taken on the 15th of May, 1995." 
This is a recent photo showing how every space and just about all the bigger gardens have been built in. What a change in 22 years.
I know I've shown this one recently but here are the early days of the development up on the cliff. 

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

You're getting a nice stash of yarn. Pretty oolors.