Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 11 February 2023

One Project Finished.

Grey again today but no rain or even sea mist.
The air was looking much clearer so after breakfast I marched up to the Memorial to check if Mount Snowdon was visible. 
Sadly it wasn't. The photo above shows where it should be but there was still too much damp in the air. I was in a good mood though because I had made it all the way to the top and was hardly out of breath which is an improvement.
For once the vews were better looking inland.
I was taking photos of the sea birds, a cormorant and some gulls but didn't realise until now that the heron had been lurking on the rocks as well. On the way back I chatted to a nice couple who wanted to know what the hills across the water were and in my role as a local resident I was able to tell them about the Llyn Penninsula.
Back home I finished off the fingerless mittens. Those hairy and bobbly mohair wools were hard to knit with and even harder to undo but they have made the mittens very warm. I'm pretty pleased especially as I was working without a pattern.
I haven't given up on the house blitz and now that the kitchen/living room has been done (apart from washing the throws and cushion covers) I've moved to the hall. The hall is still full of boxes of books but I'm clearing out the cupboard built into the old fireplace. When that's done work on turning that cupboard into bookshelves can begin. However I escaped into the garden to do a bit of weeding and to rescue the last of the bluebells coming up in the gravel. I moved those to the flowerbed where hopefully they will spread and cheer the garden up each spring.
While Peter was out rowing I baked some peanut butter and chocolate chunk cookies. Earlier he put a hearty beef stew in the slow cooker for our supper. Before that I shall make a start on the throw. I've found a nice design idea and there's a video which I can follow to begin with even though it's in Spanish.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's walk but I shall keep the destination under wraps apart from saying that the photos should have a big 'Ah' factor.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh I like those. Nice job!!