Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 February 2023

Grey.

Gloomy, cold and grey today.
It was another day of setting the alarm to make sure we didn't sleep in. We so enjoy having that luxury especially now that our bodies are prone to aches and pains. But today I was off to town again to see the dentist. I wasn't too worried as it was only to replace a small filling on the side of a tooth. No injections and to prepare the tooth he blasted it with water and a powder. He told me that's also what the hygienist uses to get the plaque off. Not uncomfortable though I did have a coughing fit when some of the water went down my throat. I didn't think it warrented calling in at Pwdin for a brownie. Must show some restraint. As I walked to the surgery from the car park I rehearsed a conversation in Welsh along the lines of 'Good morning, my name is ....... and I have an appointment at 10.00.' but the chap behind the desk wasn't a Welsh speaker or at least hadn't taken in much at school. He let me say my spiel anyway for the practice. While Peter and I speak Welsh to each other at home I rarely use it elsewhere.
After the dentist I had just enough time to dive into Lidl to pick up milk and a few other essentials before driving home to prepare for the afternoon Zoom class.
Before I had left in the morning the electrician turned up to fit some lights in the garage and some other bits. That was fine except for the fact that when I opened the door I didn't recognise him and thought he was the plumber, whom I have seen before!, so I was all for showing him where the new window would be going. The penny dropped when Peter gently asked why the electrician needed to know about the window.
I'm off in a minute to disco aerobics and yes I have remembered to put on my trainers this week.

 

No comments: