Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 27 February 2023

Back to Winter.

It has turned very cold once more. There were some light showers this morning which gave rise to a faint rainbow in the distance.
We were up in Mach again this morning meeting our friends to practise Welsh. Tucked in under the foothills of Snowdonia and away from the light reflected from the sea it felt depressingly cold. The type of day when you can feel the cold being sucked out of your bones. It wasn't quite as warm as usual in the library either but we bring our own coffees and the lovely library lady puts out biscuits for us. Afterwards I had a quick scout round the charity shops where I found a fun book for Peter, 'How to be a Welshman.'
When we got home Peter phoned the council about the street sign. The person he spoke to was very helpful so maybe our request to have the sign lowered might actually happen. He also said we didn't mind if the post was put right against the wall which would be better for people trying to walk along the pavement and then the height of the sign wouldn't need to be above head height. If it can be done for the signpost in front of our neighbour's house then there shouldn't be a reason to refuse to do it for our post. (I took the photo below last June.)
My afternoon was spent working on the shelves. First I sanded down yesterday's filling of the wall and ignored the remaining dents in the wall. And then finally I started painting. All the bare wood has had a coat of primer and tomorrow I can begin on the walls. One advantage to liking white interiors is that we have all kinds of white paint.
A few more photos from yesterday.


I'm not sure of the purpose of this gateway between the field and the lake. Maybe they bring the cattle (and the mythical bull) out of the field that way?

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh my, that boat has seen better days.