Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 February 2023

Too Tall.

A day of light wintry showers and bursts of bright sunshine.
There's been much talk on-line of the aurora borealis being visible as far south as Cornwall so naturally last night I stayed up. Cannot resist a natural phenomenom in the sky. I waited up until the main street lights had gone off after midnight but there was a lot of cloud and I couldn't see a single star let alone any colour in the sky to the north. Instead I got to relax listening to the gentle shush of the waves and the soft rumbling of the shingle washing up and down the beach. Later I woke after three and tried again. This time I could see a few stars but there was still too much cloud cover for anything else to be seen.
There have been two visits by men from the council regarding the sign post. They were very sympathetic to our pleas to reduce the height of the sign but despite the first chap speaking to his boss it turns out that the regulation height is 2.1m and nothing can change it. (Health and safety.) The short post in front of my neighbour's was allowed because it is behind a salt bin so even if it came loose and the sign swung around it wouldn't be a hazard to pedestrians. We shall just have to put up with it.
The shelf alcove got another two coats of paint and afterwards I did some crochet though the pattern still isn't quite working. I may have to revert to the original stitch which has the square holes in between the groups of stitches.
I've just returned from Pilates. Finally the heaters at the back of the hall which is where I hide with a group on my neighbours, are working so we ended with a long relaxation time at the end which was lovely. Sadly it's cloudy once more so there won't be any point looking for the aurora borealis tonight.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Too bad about the sign, but at least you tried!