Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 1 February 2023

Zoo Day.

Mostly cloudy today. If I looked inland it looked as it would rain at any moment but here at least there was some variation in the sky. As usual I had pushed myself to the limit in Pilates last night so I drove down to the zoo rather than cycling.
Tilly.
I'm trying to keep on top of the weeding by getting rid of the weeds as soon as they appear rather than waiting until they're fully established. It didn't take too long to go round the perimiter of the small play area and catch any of the grass attempting to invade. Then I tackled a gravelled access path and by crawling under a cage structure got to a corner where there was a long established bramble. Last year I simply chopped off the shoots but today I dug down as far as I could to get the roots out. Because of where it was I couldn't get to the ends of the thick roots but had to cut them. I know they will grow back again but at least I removed a large (about 6 inches) stump and as much of the roots as I could. That was enough gardening for the day.
I had a bit of fun trying out the new camera. Usually the light levels in the petting barn were too low to get a good photo and you can't use flash so close to the animals, the poor rabbits would be blinded but this camera coped well with the conditions. These are a pair of Rex rabbits who have the most amazing fur, just like a plush toy.
Again this camera did well focusing on the wolf-dogs rather than the chain link fence I was shooting though. These are the best photos I've taken of Zeus (above) and Cosmo (below)
Back home I cooked myself some lunch of tagliatelli with pesto and some chopped up pastrami, (half price in the reductions last week). That was a very tasty meal. Peter isn't keen on pesto so he had a sandwich. I'm out singing tonight and get home too late to eat afterwards. We went through our Welsh homework which was to listen to a dialogue on-line and answer some questions. I like to write the whole conversation down and then translate it rather than try and translate everything as they're talking which is the real aim of the exercise. Might be able to do that one day. 

 

No comments: