Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Easter Bonnet Parade.

Today the children had their Easter Bonnet parade. It always used to be a competition but it was impossible to judge as so many hats are made by adults so this year it was a creme egg for everyone.

There was a great variety of bonnets, hats, caps and creations for all the proud parents and grandparents to see.

I know that gulls are a pest but these 2 in the supermarket, trying to take eat an empty cake box in the supermarket car park, had such lovely clean lines I had to take some photos.


Those buzzards wait until I slow down and then ... take off.



The hens also wait around looking for some more scraps. The daffodils in the garden are looking pretty good at the moment.





5 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

LOVE those bonnets! Sophie is here with me looking on and we shall be taking some ideas from these wonderful creations for our own bonnets! We have some wooden eggs to paint too. Looks like a fabulous event with so much colour!

happyone said...

Those hats certainly were colorful.
We have a lot of sea gulls around here by parking lots too!

Domestic Executive said...

I am amazed at the Easter bonnets, they are quite impressive. I like the idea of everyone getting a prize. Shame it's a creme egg which I think taste dreadful!

That buzzard is playing with you!

Marrisa said...

That is so lovely - I remember doing Easter Bonnets when I was at school! Amazing memories! x

SharpScott said...

That is a great shot of the buzzard just lifting off of the pole!

Around here we have pigeons as pests. And they are a messy bunch. sometimes they push out the pretty song birds from an area.