Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 29 March 2009

Sunshine !

It's been a day of sunshine and amazing blue skies. I stopped at Burridge to take this photo on my way back from town this morning, I'll admit I didn't notice the buzzard soaring overhead at the time. I've been to this farm a couple of times to get work done on my first landrover. It's one of those ultra tidy places where even the wood pile was incredibly tidy. Some people are like that ... I'm not.




On the top of the hill just before Ashelford Corner.


Looking out towards Exmoor from the top of the drive.





With such glorious weather I had to spend the afternoon gardening. Every year I plan to have the whole garden weed free before the spring growth starts, and every year that doesn't happen. The clocks went forward this morning so perhaps I can fit in a little gardening each evening or at least do more on the weekends.

Linas was home for the weekend but went back to Plymouth this afternoon. He has various plans for after he finishes his IT degree this summer but we'll have to wait and seen which plans work out.



The afternoon sun created the right conditions for interesting reflections on the pond .





















This is the white variety of skunk cabbage. Most of the plants in and around this pond are white, yellow or orange though there is a blue and white water iris as well as the white ones just because I couldn't resist buying it.






Here is another of my videos, apologies for the poor quality but I'm only just getting to grips with the video option on my camera. I was trying to show some of the views I see every day on my way to work. Having started life right by the sea in Cornwall and then having to live for over 20 years in London, it lifts my spirits being able to get a glimpse of the sea every day.

This evening we watched the second episode of Number One Detective Agency on BBC 1. It's well worth watching and is also available on BBCiplayer on the internet.

4 comments:

happyone said...

I love hearing your accent!!
All your photos are beautiful - they would make great postcards!
I never heard of white skunk cabbage - it is quite pretty.
I've started reading a Maria Willett book on your recommendation and like it a lot. I'm reading A Week in Winter which is her first book that was published here in the US. Our local library have a few others by her too. I will be reading all. Thanks for letting me know about her! :-)

Ruta M. said...

I think I don't sound much like myself on the videos.My boys have explained its something to do with the frequecies being made higher. I'm glad you like the Marcia Willet book. Children's hour is my favourite of hers. I had to go to a national garden show to get the white skunk cabbage.

Domestic Executive said...

You may not have planned it but the photo with the buzzard is fantastic. Great shot. Good to know you've got some sun on your back as you weed your way through the garden.

Marrisa said...

I love hearing your accent too! I also sound odd on camera but its been proven its to do with the frequency of the sound. Lovely photos and video, what a stunning place you live in x