Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Lambs Come To Visit.

The sun went down in a soft pink sky this evening after another beautiful day. Windows have been open and the children have been out without their sweatshirts. It's hard to believe that only 2 weeks ago there was snow on the ground.
The first of our pet visits today was a boxer dog. It was massive, I'd thought they were medium sized dogs but this one was the size of a horse. Luckily it was gentle and well behaved.
In the afternoon two very young ( 4& 6 days ) lambs came to visit. The children got a chance to stroke and bottle feed the lambs and were far too excited to ask any questions. If we didn't have the fence between the no-mow and the real grass I'm sure the lambs would have been trampled flat. Surprisingly the lambs weren't at all worried by the 60 children with their noses pressed up against the fence. I have to admit that I've been claiming teacher's privileges with these pet visits and had lots of contact with the pets. My finger was certainly well sucked by this little lamb.

No pets tomorrow but guinea pigs on Friday.


2 comments:

happyone said...

Oh that lamb is the cutest little thing. :-)

Domestic Executive said...

Crikey, If I were that lamb I'd be running a mile away from all that attention!