Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 March 2009

Going Batty.

A frosty start to the morning but the rest of the day has been warm and sunny. The children had their afternoon story sitting out on the no-mow in the sunshine. Sadly I don't get to do the end of day story as I always have to listen to children reading. Romas met me at school after his 3 day train journey going up to Lancaster Uni for his interview. He was impressed with the campus, I think the 12 bars were a winning point, but unfortunately the music department was very poorly equipped, no recording facilities, few practice rooms, not even a drum kit, ( they are having a big refurbishment ready for 2012! ) so even if they offer him a place he would not be interested. I am still pleased that he got to see a proper campus as that gives him something to compare North Devon College with.

As I hadn't taken any photos today I went for a stroll up the hill when I got home. Percy was out in the field and is now almost as big as her mother Coral. What caught my eye though was a pair of pipistrelle bats flittering about only 6ft above my head. The above very blurry shot is the best of many that I took.
And oops, they've flown out of shot !

1 comment:

happyone said...

No clouds in the sky!! That's always nice. :-)