Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 March 2009

Red Nose Day.

The weather has been fairly mundane today. Mostly cloudy with a few sunny spells. As I drove to work there was a very clear view to Dartmoor, 76 miles away.

It was Red Nose Day today so the children & staff were invited to wear something red. As can be seen from this photo of assembly there was quite a lot of red hair and funny noses. I will admit to having my hair tied up in bunches with bright red ribbons and the bottom 6" of my hair dyed red, (food colouring spray which I haven't yet washed out.) As the school uniform is a burgundy top the children whose parents had forgotten, (or not bothered), didn't stand out too much and there were plenty of spare ribbons and red nose day stickers for those who wanted. Our Headteacher baked a lovely coffee cake to raise funds from us poor starving staff.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Seems that charity of this kind is recession proof. I was hearing on the radio comic relief has broken it's own targets for fundraising. A nice focus for the school too although I suspect all that red would be a bit much!

Marrisa said...

How lovely that the children get so involved with it all - do you think they understand what it is all about? Hope your hair comes up good after the food colouring - that was brave!! x