Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 March 2009

Garden Tidying.

More sunshine today. The weather has been so lovely that we've had all the doors and windows open to let the fresh air in.
I've just had a quick stroll around the garden and this robin was sitting at the top of a tree singing his little heart out. I can still hear him as I type this post.
This bank of heathers are growing in pure clay, (ignore the grass, I'll get my junior gardener onto that soon).

After a quiet morning I couldn't bear to 'rest' any more so after writing a few letters to my ex-workplaces that haven't responded to my e-mails,( how rude), I went outside to do some garden tidying with Romas. The lower lawn is very wet so we cleared the land drain and Romas dug out the little ditch that runs around the lawn. I gave myself the easier job of tidying the overgrown paving by the lawn. Romas has already started strimming some of the grass paths and should be able to start mowing soon.



4 comments:

happyone said...

I saw my first robin here last week. Our weather has been rainy and dreary. Send some of your sun over this way. :-)

Domestic Executive said...

Glad to know you're on the mend. Fantastic pic of the robin. I feel for your boys being forced into useful labour!

Marrisa said...

Amazing photo of the Robin!! You take some amazing shots Ruta xx

Ruta M. said...

He's a willing helper, ahem highly paid staff member!