Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 March 2009

A Sunny Monday.

Luckily for me it was dry this morning as I walked up the hill. And there wasn't any ice. Never mind, better safe than sorry.
It's been a good day at school. Funny moment of the day - as I was doing the dinner register one little boy who had chosen Bean Goulash told me he was having "bean ghoolies", (ghoolies - rough street slang for testicles), I had a hard job keeping a straight face. The sun has been shinning brightly all day, a perfect day for a walk on the coast I thought to myself as I sat in a classroom working with a group of children. Another nice moment, a group of children were busy at a table while singing one of our register songs, (we sign and sing the register in various ways). They were being a bit loud but when I went to talk to them I found they were using some blank booklets as registers and as well as singing were marking people in their books with ticks and crosses. That's 2 points on those e-profiles, different forms of writing and remembering simple songs from memory. So I just made notes and reminded them not to be too loud.
On a more serious note, one of my blog friends, Julie in Hungary, is having a very stressful time as her little boy Eli is in ICU following surgery last Wednesday for a bone infection in his ear. He still has a thrombosis which is causing eye problems for which he needs injections into the stomach for several months. In Hungary it is normal practice to keep children in hospital for the whole of this time and she is trying to find some way to have him home as would be usual in other countries. If you want to read more and offer words of advice or comfort visit http://www.zachandjules.blogspot.com .

No comments: