Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 6 August 2012

Cool.

We did have a thunderstorm minutes after I signed off yesterday and that seems to have been the last one for the time being. Yesterday's heavy rains have calmed to showers and cooler weather. I've managed to snatch some reading time outside but never for very long. Somehow I'm not so keen on reading indoors, maybe it's because I can't put my feet up or sit up in bed. Instead Linas and I are spending our time working on puzzles. With the PC off I was forced to abandon my on-line jigsaws and instead work with with Linas. He was lucky enough to get a Puzz 3-D of the Taj Mahal at the dump for £1. It is big enough to be challenging especially as we try not to look at the instructions. When it is all done he'll photograph it and sell it on eBay.


We had to make another trip in town today as Linas had an appointment at the Job Centre. No jobs as yet, of course. He saw a bank job that he was interested in but the description stated that you couldn't apply if you have qualifications ABOVE a certain level. He thought about it on the way home and decided this was ridiculous so when we got home he rang the bank direct and they said apply anyway which he will do.


We stopped at the supermarket and I stocked up on fruit and some fat-free yoghurt to eat with jam. Somehow a few sweets also found their way into my trolley, I don't like most sweets but Liquorice Allsorts are OK as are marshmallows but jelly babies proved too sweet. We caused chaos as we had 4 shop assistants searching for 'flying saucers' which we were all sure were normally there but none of us could find them. Driving into town and shopping left me feeling exhausted so apart from some ironing I haven't done much else this afternoon.

No comments: