Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Mostly Dry.

It's been a day of wind and clouds with 5 minute bursts of rain and 5 minute blasts of sun. It has been very quiet at home as Linas and Shaslee went in with Peter to catch a train to visit some of her relatives. It has given me the opportunity to do some tidying in the kitchen but only of the counters and above. I did hope I might get a phone call from the hospital asking me to come for my pre-op tests but nothing. Maybe a letter in the post tomorrow?
I finally bowed to the inevitable and ordered a new washing machine. There is no doubt the old one is kaput and I'm not saving any money by having it washing on and on until I can catch it after a spin cycle. I investigated buying a secondhand machine but in the end I went for a new one. I didn't go for the cheapest models from the supermarket as they only take 5kg of washing and I'm not confident about the quality so I went for a slightly more expensive one that takes 9kg. It's coming on Saturday, they deliver for free and take away the old machine too.

No comments: