Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 12 August 2012

Showery.

It was quite a showery day today so I never made it out for a walk. Peter went into town for rowing practice and took Linas with him. Linas is a keen skateboarder and I really don't like him skating on the paving around the house. If you saw how much damage he and his brother did to the concrete slabs you would understand. It was a little drier in the afternoon so I sat outside and did some sewing. There were a couple of pairs of Linas' trousers and Pete's rash vest that needed repairs, I also fixed an Indian necklace which is made of glass beads on woven cotton and made some alterations to 2 of the vests I bought last week. I had bought a bigger size as I wanted them to be loose for the hot weather but they needed taking in under the arms. Now I have exactly what I want and that's another few jobs out of the way.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Ruta, what is the name of the lovely flower at end of your post? Looks wonderful, I've never seen a flower like it. Thanks.

Ruta M. said...

It's an orange variety of crocosmia. It has long lost its label but it might be c. firebird. Montbretia, a smaller flowered crocosmia grows wild here and I have several big stands of it. Corcosmias can be yellow, orange or orangy red and most are about 3ft high though I have 'Lucifer' which is about 4ft and another orange one that is 5ft. They grow from corms, are hardy and the slugs don't eat them which is why I have 7 varieties in the garden.