Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 August 2012

Grey & Wet.

The day started grey and wet. Not the heavy rain of yesterday but a steady drizzle. Peter went off to row in another regatta at Clovelly. I thought about going along, if he could get another entry pass as however pretty Clovelly is it isn't worth paying £15 to walk down the cobbled street, but with the poor weather and feeling unsure about being out for a number of hours, I decided to stay at home. As part of my chores I did some serious saucepan and baking tray scrubbing. The men in this house see little point in scrubbing the outside of saucepans and as for cleaning the bottoms ....... well I must be stark raving mad. So if I want my expensive steel saucepans cleaned I have to do it myself. Then I got on with backing up all last month's photos because I keep forgetting to do it at the end of each week.
In the late afternoon the rain stopped and it became very warm once more. Walking around the garden the air around the buddlias and the golden marjoram was simply buzzing with bees and I saw my first peacock and tortoiseshell butterflies.
Peter came home tired but happy though they didn't do as well as at the previous regatta. Different crews as well as some suspect tactics by one of the other clubs.
Vytas put up a link to this Mars picture on facebook and Linas transferred the whole thing to the blog. I think it's so amazing to be able to look at the surface of Mars even if it is just an uninteresting crater. What progress we have made in one generation.


You can use the tool in the top left corner to move around or you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard and the mouse scroll button to zoom in. They also have other places (only on Earth though), on the site that you can look around. I found it all fascinating.



Apologies for the duplicate photo. I can't delete it for some reason.

No comments: