Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Low Cloud.

1.00 today the clouds were down to 180m so that our valley and the surrounding countryside were encased in the soft drizzle of the cloud layer. Linas had an appointment at the job centre so we spent an hour in town along with many poor holidaymakers who had been driven from their tents and caravans. It was mostly dry but very humid in town.
It is brightening up a little now but we are still lagging behind the rest of the country which is bathed in sun.

While in town I bought myself some more ........ vests! In the usual colours, 2 black and 1 white. That freed up my favourite black vest, which had become faded with much washing, to being revamped with some bleach. It's a matter of trial and error and I would have preferred it to be a little darker but I'm still happy with the result.

When I stopped to take photos my eye was caught by the beauty of these flowering grasses each seed encased in an ephemeral crystal of water.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Like that picture. It looks like it is covered in ice!