Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Heavy Showers.

I've just come home from a warm evening in Barnstaple taking Linas to a job interview. It's for a position in a local building society (like a bank). He was in a group of 6 and we don't know how many people were being interviewed for how many jobs but at least he is trying. He came out feeling very positive but realistic at the same time. I did some shopping while I waited and then took some photos from the river bank.

The day started bright with some very heavy showers later on. I got up early (with Peter), for once so that after my morning jobs I was out on my walk at a sensible time. I don't walk quickly but I try and speed up a little going up the hill and walk further each day before taking a breather. Although I don't break out in a sweat I can feel my heart pounding so I know that I am doing some good for my general fitness. Once I get to the flatter section I focus on my posture as I walk along, shoulders back, stretching tall - that sort of thing. Being tall I slouched as a teenager then my working life in the garden and bending down to communicate with small children reinforced my tendency to stoop. And that is not good, neither in terms of general look but also the physio explained that my shoulder problem was caused by strain on my neck due to poor posture.

Back home my first load of washing was ready to be hung out though we had to run and rescue it before the next heavy downpour soaked it all again. And that was the pattern for the day, hot sunny spells followed by heavy rain. I sat outside whenever possible because the weather is supposed to close down again soon.
Up in the scree garden the crocosmias are coming into their own though the taller 'Lucifer' has been weighed down by the rain and is flopping down onto the path.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Ruta...I investigated Crocosmia and learned they are able to be planted in my zone. I did a search for who might have them and found one dealer in my area. My goal is to go to the nursery and hope I find one or two. Thanks.

happyone said...

I love that bridge!