Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Mixed Weather.

The day started overcast and by the afternoon there was the occasional shower just as I was driving Linas into town for a second interview at the Building Society. I was regretting my decision to wear shorts to town but by the time we got there it was mainly dry and quite muggy so I was glad not to be overdressed. Linas said there were a number of people at this round of the interviews so we are not getting our hopes up yet.
Before our trip to town I made a start on one of the jobs I had earmarked for this holiday ie updating  our family journal which I started writing 6 years ago. I kept it up for a few years then it was put to one side, partly because I record the events of our lives in a free format; sometimes by season, sometimes by event or other category. I wasn't too worried about not keeping it up to date because this daily blog is a good record to refer back to. Today I skimmed over all 360 blogs for 2009. It was a real treat to relive all those memories. That was the year we had 2 weeks of snow in February, my first visit to the hospital for my trapped nerve problem, visits to the dental hospital in Bristol resulting in my tooth being pulled out, laser surgery on my eyes and Romas started at Keele Uni. And I made my first start at reading The Sons Of Hurin!
Another thing that made me really happy was discovering the video of Vytas 'killing' an officer at an SK muster because only yesterday I tried to look at this clip on YouTube and found that it is now for private viewing only.


1 comment:

happyone said...

I kept a journal for years but when I started blogging I quit because I was writing things down twice.