Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 16 August 2012

Cooler.

Determined to be more active today I went out for my walk out to Okewill despite the high probability of rain. It was much cooler but luckily there were only a few spits of rain and the sun even made an appearance towards the end of my walk.
Walking along the same route each day there are still new sights each time. Since yesterday Andrew Lewis had turned out some calves into this little field. They weren't brave enough to come up to the gate and kept a wary eye on me from a distance. I saw the first ripe blackberries high up in a hedge but I left them alone as they were protected by stinging nettles. Also up in the hedge were the first wild honeysuckle flowers. Not only were there new sights but every now and again, as I walked along I was hit by the sweet scent of the Himalayan Balsam.

Keeping on with my more active mood once I got home I finished cutting back all the alchemilla around the pond. I have hinted that I would like half a ton of gravel as a birthday present so that I can top up the path around the pond but somehow I don't think that will happen.

It wasn't until Linas phoned me that I found out that he had gone into town with Peter (I thought he was having a lie-in). He had planned to get the bus back from town and wanted a lift from the main road. Then he discovered that the afternoon bus doesn't run anymore so as rain was threatening I went and picked him up. I've spent nearly the whole summer slopping around in short pj's only putting on 'proper' shorts & top for my trips to town. (So much more comfortable especially in this humid weather.) Today as I was only driving I threw a hoody on top of my pj's and drove like that.

No comments: