Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 25 August 2012

Wet,

The forecast for today had been really bad so the gig club's regatta had been called off at the last minute which was disappointing  especially when it turned out not to be so bad after all. We did have some torrential showers first thing but then it started to clear. 
Linas and Shaslee wanted to go into town so I took them in and spent an hour checking out the shops but not buying anything. I had to smile at this enterprising youngster. Having taken on the highly boring job of standing for hours with an advertising placard he had brought along a chair and a brolly. I couldn't see what he was doing, could have been sleeping, texting or playing on a game. Peter went in later to the gym and picked Linas and Shaslee up then. 
Apart from that I have done very little. I'm finding it hard to be energetic and motivated. I try and do as much as possible without pulling my back and then I worry about my digestion. I'm being more creative with my fat free menu. For lunch today I boiled up chopped onions and chestnut mushrooms with half a chicken stock cube and then dropped in some gnocchi. For dessert I treated myself to some Eton Mess using fat free Greek yoghurt instead of cream. Both were tasty but this restrictive diet leaves me feeling permanently hungry. For supper I've got chunks of sweet potato sprinkled with salt & pepper, baking in the oven. Hopefully this will only be for a week or 2.

No comments: