Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 5 August 2012

Thunder.



I'm blogging early today because it looks like yesterday's thundery showers are about to resume. All afternoon and evening there was one heavy downpour after another accompanied by thunder and presumably lightening. That's the signal for us to switch off the PCs because even the surge protectors are not always enough. As I type the sky is getting blacker and blacker once more. The drive got washed away, but not as badly as before. Perhaps if people would listen to me about putting out the wood and concrete blocks we use to divert the water there wouldn't have been so much work to do this morning. We all worked together and got the big defences up, the drive repaired and secured the water pipe that lies in the stream. The rain's started so I'll sign off for today.

No comments: