Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 November 2015

Autumn Storms.

The autumn storms have finally arrived.  I had planned to have a restful day today. (After all I did have surgery on my jaw albeit minor surgery.) But with rain and wind coming in I got up fairly early so that I could go and check on all our flood defences. As I was putting on my coat a sudden squall blew in with such force I could hardly see to the other side of the yard. Fortunately it blew over quickly and I was able to go out check and reinforce the dams, create another dam on the other side of the road, move the ladder to the back of the house and even walk down the stream and clear the culverts with the aid of a rake. Then I came in, changed back into my pj's and went back to bed with a coffee. What decadence. 
By the time I got up for the second time the winds had blown away the clouds and there was welcome sunshine. We had a couple of showers in the afternoon including some dramatic hail and the temperature is noticeably cooler. I quite liked having most of the windows open to air the place while the wind whistled around the house setting the windchimes ringing. I had the carpet measuring man coming later so I included the sitting room in my morning hoovering and had a general tidy up. Then I did stuff on the pc and a bit more painting. I'd better stop working on that picture or I'm going to spoil it. Once the chap had been and measured the sitting room, hall and stairs I did sit and watch tv for a bit before doing the ironing. It was nice not to be working flat out for a change. The side of my face is a bit swollen but my jaw feels more numb than painful so I haven't bothered with any painkillers today.

No comments: