Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 November 2015

Expensive Chocolate.

It was quite a bit brighter today. After making a few phone calls this morning I still had a little time for outdoor work. I was able to cut back most of the valerian and pull up a few nasty brambles. Now I can see all the weeds there that also need doing but there wasn't time for that today. 
Driving to work, from the first vantage point that has views to the east my spirits were lifted by the sight of the sun breaking through the clouds. Though there were a lot of grey clouds at least today I could see the shape of the clouds instead of unremitting greyness.
At school I was back in reception, this time getting the children to draw themselves and the adults for a retirement card for one of the dinner ladies who  has been working at the school for 20+ years. The girl I picked to draw me did an excellent job. Apart from writing my name I had no input at all, not bad for a 5 year old. Some of the other portraits were a little more abstract; green hair, red eyes etc.
After work we had a staff meeting, assessment again. Every time someone goes to a meeting new guidelines and definitions are given. It's also difficult to match up the assessments for English (not allowed to call it literacy any more) and maths. 
After the meeting I went across town for some shopping. I was rather taken aback when my one small bag of shopping at Lidl's came to £49.50. I'd bought olive oil and coffee but they're not that expensive. When I queried the amount it turned out that a bar of chocolate, which was a naughty buy anyway, had come up as £36.50.
I drove out of town straight into heavy rain. That's what you get for living up in the hills.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice picture of you. : )
Another rainy morning walk for me - that's three of them in a row.