Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 30 November 2015

Gales.

A gale blew through the night and into the day. Rain didn't arrive until midday and conditions have continued to worsen. Right now I can hear the rain on the conservatory and the wind whistling around the house.  This morning I took up all the hall and stair carpets and drove them to the dump before school. At school Christmas has taken over and instead of RE my Year 1 class had to draw pictures for the class Advent calendar. The class teacher had gone through the story of the Nativity with them already so that was something towards RE. The children could draw anything related to Christmas and though I tried to steer them towards the Nativity story we had a lot of Father Christmas and elves. One child drew Mary giving birth to Jesus. Fortunately the emerging baby was quite small and hard to spot. I used the lesson as an opportunity to develop the children's art skills getting them to look at 'good' examples and trying to improve their own work. I put the finished pictures up on the flip chart and noticed several children taking their pictures back to do more work on them. 
I took some wedding pictures in to work to show my friends, not the full file with my 90+ photos and more that I have trawled from Facebook but an edited version with just 19 photos. I would have been happy to show lots more but I realise that other people haven't got quite the same interest.

However here are more photos from the wedding that are hopefully interesting. 
The quirky shabby chic decor. I'm standing in a hall doorway which had a couple of steps down to the little landing. Our room door was just to the left and there were 2 more steps from the hall up to our door.
 Our room.
 A small reception room that had the bar in.
The table seating plan. 
The tables were named after different parts of Middle Earth.
 The table decorations.
 Another photo of the first dance with the ceilidh band in the background.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ah children, it must be very difficult to center their minds on Christmas and not gifts. I enjoyed the wedding photos. Your weather sounds quite dreary. We are experiencing nice weather; however, tomorrow rain is forecasted. My husband used this pleasant day to put our lights around our shrubs, lights outlining the garden trellis, wreaths on the doors, and my winter Cardinal flag on the pole attached to the trellis. We have a "fake" tree that will more than likely be assembled tomorrow. It will take me quite a lot of time to get the decorations on the tree as well as around my house. Then I can relax somewhat. At my age, I find all things take longer. I am still making Christmas cards. This is a task I enjoy a lot because I can use my artsy, crafty mind. This also allows me to write personal notes to each card recipient. I apologize for the long post.