Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 November 2015

Wet.

It has been raining heavily all day long with the wind whistling around the house. Now that we are going ahead with the new carpet I made a start on  taking up the old carpet. Carpet fitters get charged a massive amount to dispose old carpets at the dump so I'll save a lot of money by taking them up and getting rid of them myself. Also I wanted to give the concrete floor time to air before the new carpet is fitted. Though now I've got the carpet up from the worst corners I can see that the concrete is stain and most importantly smell free. I'll be buying some proper deterrent spray to protect the new carpet and putting a bolt on the doors to keep the cats out when we're not around. 
Apart from taking up carpet I've just been pottering around, a little tidying and sorting around the place. The swelling on my jaw is going down and the soreness has been taken care of with 1 painkiller. A bruise has appeared above my chin but thankfully it's already  fading, wouldn't want a bruise on the wedding photos.

1 comment:

happyone said...

It is amazing how much money you can save by doing the work yourself. Every bit helps.
The wind has finally died down here and today it's calm and sunny. : ) It is bit chilly though - freezing this morning.