Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 29 November 2015

On Schedule. (Forgot to publish this!)

I woke up at 6.00 this morning probably because that's around the time Peter usually brings me some tea. But he's taken today off so I crept out of bed to finish decorating the cupcakes and left Peter to have a well deserved sleep. By 9.15 I had made ganache and decorated 4 dozen cupcakes, made some labels from the left over cake dowels and tidied everything up.
Later on a friend of Peter's who works for a window company, came round and together they repaired the window in a spare room. Something had gone wrong with the hinge mechanism and it couldn't be shut properly. Not a lot of fun for anyone sleeping in that room during the winter. While that was going on I made myself some hair decorations from red fabric roses the same colour as my bolero top. Last night I sat and watched a number of videos getting ideas on what to do with my hair. I decided on a loose fish-tail plait to the side so that I can wear a fascinator. I had my eye on one the other day and bought it when I went into town today.
With my preparations on schedule I took myself off to town for a pampering treat of a pedicure and nail polish. It's the first time I've had one and when I got there they asked if I had brought a pair of flip-flops as the polish would need an hour to dry. Luckily I'd bought an all-day parking ticket so time wasn't an issue. The pedicure lasted an hour and was very relaxing. Also I had an new listener for all my wedding talk (Peter tries not to glaze over when I go over every detail for the n'th time). The beautician was a pleasant young girl and I did enjoy the pampering. The chair was one of those that can give you a massage so while I waited for my nails to dry I had a lovely massage. I allowed myself this expensive treat as apart from the fascinator I haven't spent very much. My bolero and handbag were from charity shops and the red trainers were in sale. Even if I had buckets of money I wouldn't change anything. It's more fun customising things anyway.

No comments: