Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Buttercream Day.

Today has been mild with heavy showers interspersed with a few bright spells. Driving to work I was almost blinded (even with my sunglasses on) when the sun suddenly appeared and shone down like a laser from an alien spacecraft.
Today it's been all about buttercream. In the morning I made 3 batches and used 2 and a half pounds of butter and the same of icing sugar. That was just enough for the 2 big cakes and I did try to keep it as thin as possible. After work I made yet more buttercream for the lemon cupcakes which have a filling of lemon curd and the Red Velvet cupcakes which have cherry jam on. I also put buttercream and decorations on 36 of my slightly reject cupcakes for Peter to take to work tomorrow.
At school I was expecting to be making more salt dough with the other half of the class but when I got there the remaining children had been given the salt dough left over from yesterday to make their decorations in the morning. That's a shame as half the fun (and learning) was in the making of the dough; taking turns to measure out the ingredients and stirring them all together. Instead I did handwriting with small groups of children. Maybe if there is some spare time later in the term I can make salt dough with the remaining children.

1 comment:

happyone said...

You've sure done a lot of baking. Everything looks great and I'm wishing I could eat some of it. : )