Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 November 2015

Grey-ish.

It was a fairly grey morning but dry so I was able to get outside for some gardening. First I finished off the weeding I had been doing last week when the phone man came. Then there was enough time to work my way down the whole of one side of the paving around the scree garden, pulling up the weeds that have been happily growing and even flowering in this warm weather. 
My journey to work was slowed down by Mr Lewis' cows walking along the road. Usually they just cross from the farmyard to the field opposite but today they were going a little further. Light rain set in during the afternoon but that didn't stop me from taking my class out to play. There's a handy awning to stand under if you don't want to get wet. (It's raining more heavily now.)
After work I went into town. I was nearly run into as I drove across the traffic lights. It's a t-junction and I turned right as my light was green. Unfortunately a driver on the other road failed to notice that although there was a green light for left turning there was still a red light for anyone wanting to go forward ie him. Luckily I was going slowly and had time to swing wide around the oncoming car. Naturally that car didn't stop and I carried on my journey thinking "Gosh that was a close call". 
At the library I scanned my books and then followed the instruction to put them in the reserved box rather than on the trolley. It was only as I tried to renew another book that an a librarian came up and explained that the machines weren't working and she had to renew my book and record the other books I was taking out by hand. It was a good thing they weren't busy today.
PS Yesterday's sea anemone wasn't a Dahlia anemone but a Gem anemone. So I was informed by a naturalist I had sent the photo to.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear you avoided the collision!!
I had some geese fly over me this morning - they were so low that I heard the wings.