Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Mild and Wild.

No sooner has one storm blown over than the next arrives. This morning I had hoped to brave the weather to do some gardening but by the time I had done my morning housework it was raining heavily. Instead I mounted my little painting on the front of a card (see teaser below). Originally I was going to hand make the whole thing but I wasn't sure how good it would look so opted for a hybrid version instead.
By the time I set off for school the rain was lashing down. As I drove through Shirwell I noticed water bubbling up from a road drain. Not good news for the houses alongside which are a little lower than the road. There was already one water company van there and by the time I drove past on my homeward journey there were 2 vans, temporary traffic lights and half the road coned off. 
But when I got to school the rain had stopped, I was pleased that the children would at least had some time to run around and burn off some energy. But no, the dinner ladies had sat them down in front of a DVD. So after an hour and a half of lunchtime spent mostly sitting down I would then be expecting them to sit down for phonics followed by music. Luckily the class teacher suggested I took them out for a run around before starting phonics and that is what I did.
After school I went over to the carpet place to make a payment on the carpet and then as it was next door I popped into the Co-Op. Not a lot of reductions but I got some half price sushi which I'm having having for my supper with a tomato and mushroom salad.
Driving home the wind had increased in force and was whistling over the roof of my car. As I drove through Burridge an oncoming car flashed me. I wondered if the driver was warning me about fallen or falling trees as there are some big trees there but no I couldn't see anything. I then decided it was a friend of mine who is teaching at Shirwell. Then as I came round the corner there was a car parked at the side of the road and I could see more parked cars further up. I drove cautiously up and saw some people herding a heifer (one of Mr Lewis') back into the field. Country life is so exciting. 
?
Right now the wind is whistling dramatically around the house and Peter has made it home safely.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I am looking forward to seeing your entire card. What fun you and Peter are looking forward to, lovely wedding and that means seeing lots of people, getting a daughter--at last--and all the rest of joy that uniting two families brings. Brilliant of your teacher to suggest your students needed a run around the school. I often laugh at Mr. Lewis's cows....my brother-in-law was a dairy farmer. My children and I spent a week at the farm for many years and always ended up chasing cows.