Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 November 2015

Grey and Wet.

Another grey and wet day which turned stormy in the afternoon. The sort of day when all you want to do is to curl up on the sofa and not do very much. However we topped up the water in the central heating system which involved threading the hose through the kitchen window above the sink and into the back room. We did end up with a wet floor, not from the taped up leak but just water that was in the hose. It's still far too mild to have the heating on but we gave it a test run the other day and apart from the water it doesn't need a service. Peter also fixed the light in the upstairs corridor. It turned out that there were faults in the switch and the ceiling pendant. Now all I have to do is to remember where the vintage glass shade is.
I've been pottering about doing more painting of the card, tidying up and at last I got out the sewing machine and finished altering a top I bought back in the summer.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Always something that has to get done. : )

Harriet said...

I am right with you...gray cool day is a good day to curl up and relax. Your photo, I think, is of Lady's Mantle? Pretty photo.

Ruta M. said...

A rather wet Nasturtium.