Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Junk Models.

I've been at work all day and it was dark by the time I got home hence no photos today. It has been a warm and blustery day so at least the children were able to play outside. 
My task with the reception children was making junk model animals for their art week display. During the morning the children made the models with my role being supplier of pieces of masking tape. Apart from the occasional suggestion I let the children do their own thing. When they went to lunch I added extra tape to strengthen the models.
During the morning the school photographer was in to take individual photos of the children. I have to say that she was very good with lots of over the top cheery banter making the children laugh by saying things like 'jelly knickers'. Us adults were under instructions to have our photos done to update the staff board by the office. I had mine done but we had them done before and the older photos are still up. At least we were younger then.
The junk modelling got messier in the afternoon as my instructions were that the children should finish them using PVA glue to stick tissue paper over the cardboard. I made sure that the children were wearing painting aprons and I'd brought in a kitchen apron to wear too. After the children went home I did some discrete finishing off sticking down the tissue paper. 
I then went into town as there were 3 things I wanted; an A4 wedding card that I could use as the base of the painting I've been doing, a red and black scarf/shawl to wear at the wedding and some sinus tablets that don't have paracetamol but I failed with all 3. 
I've just tried taking a photo of a moth at the window. It's so mild that there are still quite a few moths around and it's quite interesting to see what turns up at the windows. One type of brown moth has orange eyes that glow eerily. 
Not a very good result as I had to use the flash.

No comments: