Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 2 November 2015

Back To School.

Yet another warm day. While the rest of the country seemed to be smothered in a blanket of fog it was nice and clear here. It was only as I drove to work at lunchtime that I saw a fine haze over town though it wasn't so noticeable once you were in it.
I woke early this morning, very early, 4.00 in fact. I'd been dreaming about decorating the wedding cake with big white spots until I suddenly remembered the real design. That's when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I had the radio on very quietly in my headphones which usually sends me back to sleep but not today. I heard the news and weather several times and the farming programme about parsnips so by the time Peter got up at 5.45 I was ready for a cup of tea.
Squeaky found herself a warm spot in the sun where she could have a peaceful snooze. I spent the first part of the morning at the PC filling out and sending some assessment forms for school, something I didn't get round to doing in the holiday. Then, as it had obviously been on my mind, I made a wooden stand for the wedding cake. I cut a 16" circle from some wood and glued 2 battens on underneath to give it a little height and to make it easier to pick up. I didn't have anything large enough to draw round so I had to use a piece of thread stuck to the middle of the board to mark the circle. It's almost but not quite a perfect circle but it should do. I've given it a first coat of white paint and will do a couple more. The cake itself will be on a cake board on top of the wood and I won't put the second cake on top until we're at the hotel.
After work I walked into town as I had a couple of letters to post that I needed to have a printed proof of posting as they were some bits I had sold on eBay.
We've got some new neighbours up in one of the top fields. I guess they were hoping I had brought them some feed. I like sheep with woolly faces. 

No comments: