Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 6 November 2015

Lots More Rain.

For once Peter got to spend the day at home while I went off early to work. It's been a wet drizzly day in town while out here on the hills it has been pouring all day long. Even if Peter hadn't told me I could have guessed that by the amount of water on the roads and the brown colour of the lake next door. However it remains warm.
This morning I had half of the Year 1 children while the other half walked in the wet to the War Memorial for a Remembrance Day service. I had been sent a powerpoint to show to the children but when it finally downloaded it then failed a virus scan. Luckily I knew another site that had a powerpoint on Remembrance Day and used that instead. The children, especially the boys, love any conversation about soldiers/fighting so the discussion was quite lively. 
I stayed behind at the end of the day, first to do some marking and then to get some things ready for my art lesson on Monday. Bending over a child height table to cut paper is not good for your back!
I was hoping for a bit of a sunset on my way home but it was just grey clouds.

No comments: