Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Windy.

The rain held off long enough for me to get out into the garden this morning. I quite enjoy being outside with the wind howling around the place especially if it isn't too cold. Today I cleared up all the leaves on the paving around the scree garden. They look very colourful with their orange hues but underneath they  trap water creating the perfect conditions for the black growth (an alga?) that makes the slabs look so grubby. I also pulled up lots of the weeds that were growing between the slabs. If I wanted I could grow a whole field of pampas grass there were so many seedlings. 
Nothing dramatic happened today on my travels to and from work. The temporary traffic lights and some cones were still there in Shirwell but no sign of any workers on my way in and they had gone by the time I returned home. There were some showers in the afternoon but thankfully the children spent their lunchtime outside. After work instead of our staff meeting we had to put up displays of the art work each class did during the RE/arts week in the main school corridor. The creation stories from different religions worked out quite well.
I took these photos at school before we started putting up the displays which was a good thing as by the time I left for home it was pitch dark and it was only 5.00. 

No comments: