Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 23 November 2015

Chilly Morning.

I woke to a frosty morning, pretty but cold. This morning I made 30 lemon cup cakes. No disasters this time though it was a bit tight time-wise as I needed to leave earlier than usual to return the cake tin. While I was in the middle of baking I had a phone call from school. Was there any chance I could come in asap as  one teacher couldn't come in? (His wife was ill and he had to look after their children) For once I had to say that I couldn't make it. 
At school I was asked to spend the afternoon teaching the children some of the songs from their Christmas play. Once again we ran into IT problems. The cable from the lap-top to the amp has a bad connection and today even with the aid of the scorpion in resin block I couldn't get rid of the loud buzz. Luckily there was a cd player in the cupboard. One of the tracks on the cd was too crackly and we couldn't follow the tune but the other song track we needed did work clearly so we stuck with that song. During the afternoon another teacher who was succumbing to the bug that is going round school asked if I could cover her class tomorrow morning  but again I declined as I'll be baking again. I felt bad at saying no but the wedding comes first.
On Friday at the hospital the lady who took out my stitches suggested that I check to see if I would be able to wear my denture for the wedding. Sure enough it was too painful so I rang my dentist this morning and got an appointment at 5.00 today to adjust the denture a little. My dentist didn't want to take off too much because then when the swelling goes down the denture wont fit properly but she said I can come back on Thursday if needed. However I did notice quite an improvement from when I tried on the denture on Saturday so hopefully it will be even better by the weekend.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

The rose hips photo is lovely. Your baking is done and now for the big day. Best wishes to all.

happyone said...

Beautiful frosty pictures.
Glad the baking went well today. : )