Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 30 November 2016

Catching Up.

On Monday my PC was infested by some Malware or to be more accurate my browser was affected. I had a page pop up purporting to be from Microsoft  saying my PC was being hacked with all sorts of dire consequences if I didn't phone the number shown. Needless to say I didn't fall for that one and switched off my PC. A virus check once I'd turned it back on came back clear but I couldn't get on my browser with all my usual sites. For the moment I'm using a different browser which meant finding all the relevant log in names and passwords. I've got them written or part written in the backs of 4 notebooks one of which I didn't find until today so I guess I ought to write them all in one place. To add to all that we've had problems with our phone which after Peter spent 4 hours on the phone turn out to be something to do with the ADSL ? box which as it is in the house BT won't repair without charging an exorbitant amount. So until the one which Peter ordered arrives we don't have a working house phone. 
It has been very cold these last few days. (The first 2 photos are from today.) It's been nice and sunny at school and my drive home was past green fields bathed in a golden light, that is until I got to the top of our hill. There everything changed with frost on the road from the morning and as I got down to the house our garden was all crisp and white, as if the Snow Queen had come by.
It wasn't quite so cold on Monday and there was a pretty sunset as I drove home. 

No comments: