Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 November 2016

Frosty Morning.

Apparently we had a frosty morning though I didn't get up early enough to see it for myself. With a viewing at mid-day I spent the morning whizzing around the house on a final tidy up and Peter did some strimming out in the garden. I was too busy in the morning to take any photos and by the time I got home it was pitch dark again so instead here are a couple more of Bryan Pearce's paintings.
At school I was working with the reception class again - phonics, PE and readers. I had a student in with me for PE so I got out some mats for the children to practise jumping. If I'm on my own with a class I have to choose equipment that I can put away while at the same time keeping an eye on the children. I do teach the children to carry equipment safely but they can't go into the PE cupboard because it is so crammed that it wouldn't count as safe. I have enough trouble myself climbing over boxes and stuff in there. Quite often there are other activities happening in the hall straight after my lesson or as was the case today I have a staff meeting to go to. Today we had more 'twilight' training (to make up the hours for a non-pupil day) on Anxiety. It was run by part of the team who deal with children and young people and afterwards a lot of us felt a lot of it was probably better suited for people dealing slightly older children. Not that we don't have children who suffer from anxiety to the point of it being a disorder but the approach for 5-7 year olds is a bit different to the one you need for 10 - 18 year olds.
I drove home in the dark. The feedback from today's viewing was good and we have another 3 viewings booked so things are looking up.

No comments: