Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 November 2016

Grey.

It's been a dismally grey day today. This morning there was a hint of drizzle in the air which didn't stop me from doing some work in the bog garden by the stream. I was mainly clearing the leaves and mud off the little path down there but to get to that I also needed to cut back the astilbes.  
This afternoon at school I had a Year 2 class for SPaG, PE and reading. It didn't take too long to mark the children's work after school which gave me time to go to town. I took a large and heavy bag of bedding to the Hospice shop, called in at the library and had a quick browse in Primark. By that time it was raining lightly and as I drove towards home I could see the cloud level was very low. So low that I drove into the clouds before I got to Shirwell. From there I was in wet greyness with the visibility reducing as I drove further into the clouds. With the cloud level at home skimming the tops of the trees I don't think I have much chance of seeing tonight's supermoon. 
PS The shortbread came out okay though it could have done with a bit less time in the oven.

No comments: