Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 August 2017

Chat, Cake and Coffee.

I woke this morning to blue skies and lots of sunshine. (Should have taken photos then.) As I drove into town above the fluffy cumulus clouds the cirrus clouds were being blown into fantastical shapes. By the time I was on my way home (below) the sky had reverted to grey overcastness.
I was off into town to meet up with my friends for coffee. This time we met at a different garden centre on the other side of town and very nice it was too. Today there were seven of us with plenty of news to share; a long awaited grandchild, top GCSE exam marks, a former pupil now qualified as a doctor of dentistry, our hopefully imminent move to Pilton and much more. The school my friends and I all worked at is in Pilton and one of the reasons we chose to look there for our new home is that we have many friends in Pilton which still has a village atmosphere even though it merges into Barnstaple. 
As I was in town I took the opportunity to do some shopping and also dropped off more stuff at the charity shops. Having gone through most of the stuff we had stored I'm now winnowing through 'stuff' that has been part of everyday life. Today the Laura Ashley teapot and fruit bowl that matched the kitchen décor (L.A. border tiles and curtains) went to the Oxfam shop because although I liked them I have other bowls and teapots that I like more though I did keep the matching jug simply because I have a penchant for jugs. Somehow I managed to forget to drop into the music shop even though I had written it down at the bottom of my shopping list and had the card advertising the piano on the car seat next to me. Either it was a subconscious desire not to get rid of the piano or more likely it was just the fact that having passed heavy traffic in town on my way to the garden centre I was pleasantly surprised to find the roads clear on my return journey. The latter I think as now I'll have to make an extra trip into town soon.
Coming home I saw that they have begun harvesting the wheat in the top fields along the drive. It stayed dry all day and the forecast is the same for tomorrow so they should get it all in before rain arrives.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice that you got to spend time with your lady friends. It is important for us ladies to have those friendships.