Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 31 August 2017

Hot.

We had some very heavy rain in the night that was so loud it woke both of us up at different times.  Today the forecast was for occasional heavy showers but although at times black clouds appeared overhead the rain passed us by. In between the cloudy spells it was sunny and very hot.
I loaded up my car with as much stuff for the dump as I could cram in including the old office chair Squeaky likes to sleep on in the conservatory, sorry Puss. The dump was busy with a short wait to find a spot to park. Again a member of staff came over to help me unload, most likely to keep things moving rather than from a sense of chivalry. 
My neighbour has been constructing what looks like a sign post. I wonder if it is a temporary or permanent structure or even a permanent temporary  one?
At home I baked a chocolate marble cake as the surveyor is coming tomorrow. We've had the report on the place we want to buy and it will be good to ask him about some of the information on that as well. We finished off the afternoon with half an hour sitting out in the sun. There are lots of dragonflies about but there were only a couple of swallows flying above. Maybe the main group has already departed for Africa.

No comments: