Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Sunny.

No sooner had I put my washing in the machine this morning than down came the rain. Luckily it was the only shower of the day and the warm southerly winds ensured my washing was ready to iron by late afternoon. 
Lovely as it would have been to spend the day outside bringing down pictures from the loft was more important. Those 16 pictures don't look a lot but together with a number of the largest size art folders it was quite a job getting them down. Not only do I have to crawl around on my knees in the loft but the presence of electrical wires on top of the boards mean that I can't just drag stuff along. Then, just by the hatch there are 2 water pipes which I don't want to knock. I'm now sporting a few bruises on my legs from leaning into the  loft ladder as I cautiously climbed down clutching each picture. At least now there is only one picture left to bring down and one folder. There are still a couple of sculptures and boxes of catalogues but at last I can see an end to that particular job. 
Later in the afternoon I finally got round to baking some more chocolate cookies. The first batch were somewhat overdone due to the rayburn running high and the fact that each of the 4 clocks in the kitchen shows a different time. I think it's time for some new batteries though the digital clock radio must have succumbed to repeated power surges (due to lightning) as it simply can't keep time. It's in the kitchen so that I can listen to the radio without having to go through the tv. Once we move into town I'll be able to use my fancy digital radio which can't get a signal down here.
These violas have been flowering since I planted them in the main hanging baskets last autumn. I couldn't bear to throw them out when it was time to do the summer planting so I transferred them to a smaller basket. I only bought the violas for a bit of autumn colour and certainly didn't expect them to last so long.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear the rain stopped you got your clothes dried.
It will be nice for us when we move because it is so close and we can move slowly. Then put the house up for sale after we are in the new house.