Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 20 August 2017

Wet.

It's been raining heavily for most of the day and now the stream is running high. I think there may be a blockage at the culvert leading to the lake so if the rain dies down a little I may wade down the stream to investigate. It's also been correspondingly cold necessitating the wearing of sheepskin slippers and fingerless gloves.
This morning I occupied myself with one of my favourite activities - making lists in preparation for our move. My folder includes a current to do list, the contents of each room and where they are headed and anything else I can think of. Hopefully this will help prevent a major panic nearer to the actual move. I also find it reassuring to see what progress I have made. Even if this sale falls through most of the planning will be the same for any other property.
On my to do list was taking photos of some things I shall try and sell including this pine cupboard that came from my mother's house. I quite like it but I don't see it fitting in our future down-sized life.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Downsizing: the sifting of memories tangible and intangible....a big job.