Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 August 2017

Hot.

The day began with autumnal mists obscuring my view of the surrounding trees. By mid-morning it was warm and humid and the afternoon brought more heat and wonderful blue skies.
After the usual housework I loaded up my car with more stuff for the dump. This included some wooden tool boxes that had been made by Peter's father to keep his tools in. (He was a carpenter.) It was sad to be throwing them out but we really didn't have any use for them. At the dump, sorry recycling centre, one of the staff gave me a hand unloading the car and he put them on the ground by the skip for wood saying someone might want them. Sure enough the next person along, who looked like a young builder type, was already loading them into his van as I left. Nice to know that they will be re-used rather than crushed or burnt, whatever they do with the old wood.
I was glad of the opportunity to go to the Ilfracombe Tesco's which is on the way to the dump, because I had noticed they had a loose change machine. You put in your copper coins and it gives you a receipt which presumably you can present at the till. I have a box of loose change which I sometimes used in school so I packed it in my shopping bag. I even thought my bag was quite heavy as I placed it in the trolley but it wasn't until I got home that I remembered about the coins -duh! 
Before I sat outside in the sun I photographed and catalogued the pictures I had brought down from the loft. That was a bit tricky as first I had to find a place with a neutral background and not create reflections in the glass. Then it was glasses on to measure each frame and picture and write down the details, glasses off to take the photo and glasses back on to write a label on masking tape. After all that I enjoyed some time in the hot sun reading my book while fending off flies and Speedy who was lying in my lap and wanting lots of cuddles. BTW I've been putting drops in Squeaky's ears to get rid of ear mites and there is a little improvement in her hearing.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful countryside!!