Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 27 August 2017

Sunny.

Today has been hot and sunny, most unusual for a Bank Holiday Weekend.  
I timed my the cupcakes delivery to the gig club regatta so that I was at Asda for 10.00. Even the supermarkets have to stick to Sunday trading laws though I noticed that customers were allowed in earlier but the checkouts weren't manned until 10.00. I'd remembered that Asda also have a coin counting machine and was able to swap my box of coppers for a voucher. I like to visit different supermarkets once in a while and today I found some more clear plastic storage boxes with lids. At £4 they were considerably cheaper than the ones I've bought previously. I even wondered if they were a bit smaller but when I got home they were the same as the ones I already have. Even better, when I got to the checkout the machine priced them at £3. I may get some more in the week if they still have them. (I did take a photo of the boats on the water but for some reason it came out blurry.)
At home I decided to actually enjoy the sunshine for once. Usually I get on with a job or two around the place and then find either time or the sun has run out. Instead I got the sun lounger out and read my book in the sun. When I had toasted my front enough I sat at the garden table so that my back got some sun too. That way I was able to mend a pair of Peter's work trousers that had a rip in them. I find mending quite satisfying and I even like darning socks but only if they are woollen ones not cheap towelling ones. When the boys were little there was plenty of  mending to do, mostly trousers. I've never taken to the fashion of ripped jeans which has made a comeback recently. It must be my age as I don't understand having rips that go from seam to seam. It just looks silly to me.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I'm happy to hear you got some nice relaxing time in the sun reading. : )

Harriet said...

Mending is a lost art. At least here in the U.S. As for ripped jeans....stupid!! I continue to mend albeit often using my sewing machine. Actually, today I have buttons that need attending. As it's overcast and rather dreary, it's a good day for mundane chores.