Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 August 2017

Sunny.

Wow! Another day of amazing sunshine. This time though I got on with things around the house before heading for the sun lounger. 
Top of my list today was the sitting room carpet. We'd had a wine disaster at the end of the evening yesterday, red wine on a beige carpet! I first blotted up as much of the wine as I could and for this an old fashioned smoothing iron came in useful to press the kitchen paper onto the carpet. (The iron makes a handy door stop.) Then I cold water washed the area with my trusty Vax. When I left it last night I could still se the outline of the spills and sure enough in the morning they were still obvious. So then I mixed up a paste using the oxy- powder that I add to my washing when needed and rubbed it into the stains. About an hour later I washed the carpet with the Vax again this time using warm water and hey presto the stains have disappeared.
As it was a sunny day I got our bedroom curtains washed but I ran out of time to iron them. That was because a couple came round to buy an oak chest of drawers and mini version that I had put on Gumtree. Co-incidentally the chap was the guy who had dropped by the other day for a look at the outside of the place. (We'll know who to get in touch with if our sale falls through.) 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The first photo is so very pretty.
Glad you were able to remove the wine stain.
I have quite a few of those old irons and I do use them as door stops. Use them as book ends too.