Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Curry on the Beach.

I began the day eating chocolates as I opened my birthday cards. Peter also gave me this lovely orchid. I have a number of orchids some of which have survived from past years and continue to produce flowers. I give them special orchid food and try to water only once a week but it's hard not to overwater. I prefer to keep them in clear plastic outer pots so I can see how they are doing. 
There were a few showers this morning but I was busy cleaning, photographing and cataloguing the last lot of pictures from the loft. The spare room looks more like an artist's studio as I wait for my roll of bubble wrap to arrive.
I sat outside during the afternoon making the most of the moments of sunshine that occurred as the southerly wind blew clouds across the sky.  
Later we headed off to Barricane Beach for a Sri Lankan curry. We got there early, grabbed a free table and our curry arrived almost immediately (you get a ticket when you order and then they call out your number). Almost immediately we were hit by a sudden shower but we had come prepared - I had a plastic carrier bag to put my camera in and we were both wearing hoodies. We didn't mind the rain but then the café staff brought out big table parasols that protected us from the worst of the rain. Although some people left the beach when it rained most didn't, just put on a coat or another layer of clothing. 

Afterwards we walked down to the water's edge where I paddled and skimmed a few stones. 
This starfish was washed up by the tide. I picked it up and one of the wetsuit wearing children took it to put further out in the water. Coming home from a lovely sunny evening by the sea we drove home into gloomy, grey clouds. Another reason for preferring to live by the sea rather than 6 miles inland.
This house sold for £1.2 million last winter, is falling into even more disrepair, part of the balcony has fallen away and some of the garden walls are collapsing. What a shame.

No comments: