Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Mainly Sunny.

After a very wet start the day brightened up giving us a sunny afternoon and evening. 
Today I set myself the task of finishing clearing the loft and I am pleased to say that this was indeed done. As well as bringing down a couple of boxes of sketches I carefully brought down the four empty tea-chests that were up there. One I'm keeping to store a large alabaster carving but the other three are now in the back of my car ready to take to the dump. Originally we had used them to pack things from our home in London but they are so big and consequently heavy that we don't want to re-use them. As I was sliding the boxes along the loft floor I found to my dismay that there were two more large paintings that had been tucked away out of sight. Those have also been brought down and all that remains in the loft are some empty cardboard boxes that I may use for packing.
The postman brought me a wonderful present from Vytas and Sally, a photo book filled with pictures from their wedding in 2015. A really thoughtful present. 
We've now got the sun-loungers up by the scree garden because I'm fed up with dodging the shade from the trees in the late afternoons which is when we usually sit outside for a while. Today we had an hour to enjoy the sights and sounds of the garden. The swallows are still here though it sounded like the young ones had been sent to bed early judging by the amount of chattering coming from the out buildings.

No comments: